- Terman's Law of Innovation : If you want a team to win the high jump, you find one person who can jump seven feet, not seven people who can jump one foot each.
- O'brien's Variation : If you change queues, the one you have left will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
- Conway's Law : In any organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on. This person must be fired.
- The Peter Principle : In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence.Work is accomplished by those employees who have not reached their level of incompetence.
- H.L.Mencken's Law : Those who can, do. Those who cannot, teach.
- Martin's Extension : Those who can't teach,administer.
- Belani's Extrapolation : Those who cannot even administer, become consultants.
- Lieberman's Law : Everbody lies; but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
- Kovac's Conundrum : When you dial a wrong number,you never get an engaged one.
- Van Herpen's Law : The solving of the problem lies in finding the solvers.
- Murphy's Law of Government : If anything can go wrong, it will do so in triplicate.
- Bell's Theorem : When the body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.
- Ruby's Principle of Close Encounters : The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with. - Black's Extension : The probability of meeting a gorgeous female increases geometrically when you are with a friend, a friend who is richer than you, your girlfriend and finally your wife.
- Young's Law : Great discoveries are made by mistake.
- Kin Hubbard : A good listener is usually thinking about something else.
- One Anonymous Great Seer's Law : Money can't buy love, but it sure gets you a great bargaining position.
- Law of constant product : The product of beauty,availability and intelligence is a constant.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Famous Adages - Eponymous Laws
These are famous Adages. Short, but memorable sayings, that holds some important fact of experience which is considered true by many people, or has gained some credibility through its long use. category: Eponymous laws, Social law, from Social : Possibly, maybe...
By Chuppandi at 2:37 AM