Friday, September 22, 2006

The clock's ticking; 30.6% of my life has passed already :-(
[(Your Age)/(Average Life Expectancy)] x 100
I am 23 years old. Assuming I fit the average Canadian male life expectancy of 75.2 years, I feel a sudden rush of discomfort knowing that 30.6% of my life has already passed without making much strides.

As sad as it may sound, I rather take this pessimistic approach to life to help motivate myself to act. I am not afraid of death as much as I am of reaching 60. In business, a small positive return in revenues is considered progress. In life, as minisicule as it may be, a positive step forward is a change in the right direction. That is what I intend on doing: as long as I work towards my goals, I am making progress, however small it may be.

Lesson from Gita: Consider yourself dead for as long as you breath but no one recognizes you.

"If you dont live for something, you'll die for nothing."

No comments: