Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just be yourself...

The wall you’ve build up around you,
Trying to hide away from me,
Let me tell it is as safe
As hiding yourself in a glass house
through which anyone can see....
 
You say the sweetest of the sweet words,
In that dreaded name of courteousness
But the words spoken to many others
Hold no more beauty than
The painted birds with beautiful feathers.
 
Why, I ask you again and again
Just calm yourself and breathe again
Why be a statue with a carved smile
When beneath I know there is a genuine one
You tell me you’ve seen the world,
I do not defy it at all
Older that me, I know it is true
But that doesn’t give you
A license to feign…
 
Masking yourself from the big bad world
Trust me there is good if you search for it
I am not asking you much that you cannot give
Just be what you are, your raeal self!

No comments: