Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Dignity

My dignity is personal.
It doesn’t belong to you.
It belongs to me.
You have no right to injure

No right to condemn
No right to trample
No right to sneer
For the show of disrespect,

I will spit you out of my mouth
I will shun you in public

You are air to me.
What message shall I send
To make you understand that
I will not put up with your bullshit?.
That I will not cater to your insecurities?

My will is still strong.
My hatred runs deep.
Are you ready to reap the whirlwind?
Prepare yourself, for where I take you,
No one will stand beside you.

I take back the hand I held out in friendship.
I take back the compassion I gave.
I take back the understanding, when no one else did.
I take back the love.

When the hour of need is strong,
Do not look for me, for I will not be there for you.
You no longer exist in my life.
So mote it be.

No comments: