Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Marriage - Does it worth taking the risk ???

At times I wonder marriage - does it worth taking the risk ?? marred by the failures of several people whom I've seen myself. what do we accomplish with our life ? just merely raising the population would only add another venkat to this vast world.

They argue we should've done something in life to live for. But I ask them what is there in it?? You can't live just to exercise your sensory pleasures. we should not live by those old laws....

In other words, I'd say marriage is a legalized way of prostitution ( especially arranged marriages) this phrase would fit-in for the Indian culture. What do you call a girl/boy who gives his/her virginity for a cause. the cause of course is a price. The price that you've to keep her with you until you die and u should take care of your children. Well, I know I'd sound insane. But again how do you prove your sanity.

If marriage is attributed with filled love, passion and about understanding each other all along their life, how do you fix it. Its all about chemistry that should happen with each other without any stimulating factor. You can never inculcate unless you want to sacrifice your life just by being a full-time prostitute probably for a single customer.... :)

I may sound eccentric but seriously these are the thoughts that rock me recently...On the other hand if love Marriages are perfect, why does the divorces happen ?? more prominently in the recent past... ( nowadays). I read a report from a daily quoting the phenomenal rise in the percentage of divorces that had risen 180% more in the last ten years. Does this mean women are beginning to be more liberal and seeking their freedom more than the past or its that the system is just not working for the present change of culture or that we have evolved too much to think about our Indian culture...

The so called Indian culture is no more. nowadays we are rapidly being influenced by the foreign cultures and are alienated from where we were....

But Guyz/Gals, I fully accept that there exists a perfect marriage and perfect people who succeeded by leading their life together till the end. and one of such is MS herself.

But when you look at the percentage of successful marriages happened so for im sure we all would agree that it would be breathtaking to see a very few actually made it. Again it depends on the criteria you see... as they say the beauty lies in the beholder of it...

No offence taken guys im expressing my own thoughts here and I know that it would arise the apparent question that don't you believe in your parents marriage ??? and I'd prefer to answer it with the line of the famous saying in Tamil...

Rettai mattu vandiyil rendum senthaaathaan oru vazhila poga mudium. Somehow they worked out though they both had differences of plenty. In other words they lives for us. If you call this life then is it worth living....????

As paulo cohleo describes in alchemist..the king who give urim & thumim to the boy says every one has a destiny. In the end of your life you should've either succeeded in ur destiny or failed in the process of attaining it... Between are those who don't even dare to think about it and some who uses it to propel and never want to attain it and it goes on....

I prefer my life that way.. I want to live my life and I don't want to share it with any strangers who would have their own dreams and destiny.. and who would have a lot of trouble with me. Im not that kinda guy who loves to be loved and I hate insecurity. The simple fact is that the moment you get married someone depends on you and your decisions will have a direct implications on him/her.... and in due course lot more...

and finally you endup in living just to make a living, As they say "you'll die to make a living" oh boy, life would then be hell and much complex. I hate others depending on me.... and then you'll point-out the great achievers who all have got married... again im not that great buddy... im an average ( at time below average)insane guy...

I don't complain others doing so for that matter. This is just a introspective report analyzing the pros & cons of marriage. How come we research a lot while shopping or designing a product but not your companion..

and even in the end its all about position and money which you could see clearly in every matrimonial page.... I can still recall it "Girl working in Infosys 25000pm seeks a IT boy 30-50000pm" how come good looking or good characters or even caste are no more sought after ????? I just point-out the change of priorities nowadays. They don't even care who ever you are as long as you earn 5 to 6 digits PM. I really donno where would this lead us to...

Marriage those days were well analyzed by parents though the consent of the couples were never asked, it somehow (at times) worked to some extent. But now ??? they choose their lovers just by position and the vice versa is only apt for films....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i partly agree about the mariage by position wala thingy :)
but then again... enitrely is not true!!