Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Secret of Life

Listened to MS' Bhaja Govindam . Divine !!! Feel so relieved and refreshed. If you are ever depressed, feel lost or lonely, angry or even on top of the world listen to it and grasp the profound insights of Shankara.
 
Reminds me of Buddha's 4 Noble Truths, which go something like :
1. There's misery in this world.
2. There's a cause for this misery.
3. The cause is Desire
4. The misery can be put to an end by cutting the Desire.
 
So cut the desire or labor the misery, whichever gives you more satisfaction 
 
Oh Lord! May I be the same person to every one, at all times, in times of sorrow and joy. May success or grief never get to my head. Give me the strength to take adulation and brickbats in my stride. For, without encouragement, there is no motivation to progress. And without rebuke, there's no motivation not to regress.
 
The World always worships the Rising Sun. I could aspire to be the Sun itself, but aren't there a billion brilliant Suns out there??? Oh Lord, Let me just be me, always.

'Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu'
 
 

No comments: