Friday, August 01, 2008

Spielberg To Direct Tintin Movie....

Its a very old news about my childhood hero... but still it sill is a news.... herez an extract from a blog somewhere...

Peter Jackson and Spielberg will direct one movie each in the Tintin Trilogy. Teenage actor Thomas Sangster plays Tintin and Andy Serkis (Gollum/King Kong) plays Haddock.


A few days ago, I had gone to this boring place called Atlanta to participate in a conference, where people from offices all over the world attended. The seating arrangement led to me getting seated next to a Belgian guy at dinner. I don't, well I never discuss Tintin with anybody. There is a fear that all the years of Tintin obsession might channel into that conversation and I'd appear maudlin. However, this fellow was the first Belgian I ever met. The prospect of a Tintin conversation loomed large. I'd be investigated for a criminal misconduct if I didn't bring up the subject. Not surprisingly, he happened to be a huge Tintin fan. He was completely surprised Indians knew Tintin. The next half-hour we discussed Tintin like the way two teenagers would discuss Britney. The rest of the people in the dinner table had no clue about Tintin. 30 minutes well spent.

No comments: